Yesterday, was Valentines day and marked the 22nd Birthday of Delphi, originally launched Feb 14th 1995.
All around the world, developers were tweeting and blogging about Delphi. From product directors
to 3rd party component vendors
an awesome amount was being shared – including this fun video from Craig Chapman
— Craig Chapman (@CraigChapm53280) February 14, 2017
Valentines #ILoveDelphi day
Here is a summary of some of the best blogs from the day from around the world.
- 22 Years of Delphi and it Still Rocks – Marco Cantu
- Celebrating Delphi’s 22nd Birthday with FireMonkey #ILoveDelphi – Sarina DuPont
- Happy Birthday, Delphi! Alles Gute zum 22. Jährigen – Matthias (in German)
- Feliz Aniversário Delphi! #ILoveDelphi – Fernando Rizzato (Brazilian / Portuguses)
- #ILoveDelphi How About You? – Jim McKeeth
- Happy 22nd Birthday Delphi! – Craig Chapman
- Delphi生日快樂! – Gordon Li (Chinese)
During the day I was hosting the replay of the popular webinar “Upgrade or become extinct”, and it was great to hear from 100’s of developers who are currently migrating and updating to the latest technologies.
Still after 22 year, Delphi is continuing to modernise and lead the market, Today, RAD Studio IDE is the only IDE to offer developers integrated .appx packaging for native applications on Windows 10 using the Windows Desktop Bridge, and with Linux just around the corner…. There is no better time to upgrade.
One tweet during the day said how much they loved Delphi, but wished it was on a subscription model. – Well it kind of is!
Delphi, C++Builder or both together as RAD Studio all come with a years update (well slightly more for Enterprise and Architect in the current promotion running). At the end of the year, the annual subscription price is a fraction of the initial purchase. Update Subscription is am awesome way to keep current and get everything that is coming….